We believe in the power of a building to improve the inhabitants’ quality of life. On average, people spend over 90 percent of their life in buildings. We operate our facility to provide a healthy and inspiring place for our partner agencies and events. The Ozaukee Nonprofit Center believes buildings exist to improve peoples’ lives. Heating and cooling methods and the layout of spaces are just a few aspects of a structure which can impact peoples’ mental and physical health. The Ozaukee Nonprofit Center works to improve the wellbeing of everyone who walks in our doors.
- 4 conference rooms:
- Phone conference calling & Wi-Fi
- Workroom with office equipment
- Decreased costs by sharing of color copier, fax line, postage meter, bulk mail permit, business-class voice, and data service
- Commercial kitchen
- Storage area with secure units
- Reduce overhead to put more funds into direct programming
- Check out our full list of shared resources here.
We ensure a clean space
- Weekly Cleaning – All of our shared and common spaces are cleaned weekly to present a welcoming and professional environment.
- Reusable Dishes – The Ozaukee Nonprofit Center provides reusable dishes and utensils for agency employees to use for meals at work.
- We compost and recycle.
We facilitate human connections
- Thoughtful Tenancy – Half of our building’s square footage is common space and the other half are collaborative work suites occupied by nonprofit partner agencies.
- Building Activities – We hold frequent community activities for our agencies including potlucks and workshops.
- Intentional Design – The layout of our building encourages people to move throughout their day to access shared conference rooms, kitchens and printers.
- Information Sharing – We provide multiple ways to share and access information including informational bulletin boards.
We create an environment for everyone
- Handicap Accessible – The layout of our building meets ADA requirements.
- Mothers Room – We are thrilled to offer our working and visiting mothers a private and comfortable place to support breastfeeding.
We offer community support
- Diaper Bank – Located near our front entrance and available during open office hours M-Th: 9AM-4PM and Fr: 9am – noon. Across the U.S., diaper need, the lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep a child clean, dry, and healthy, remains a serious issue that directly impacts the physical, mental, and economic well-being of millions of children and families. According to the National Diaper Bank Network, 1 in 3 American families with small children reports experiencing diaper need. Since diapers can cost anywhere between $70 to $80 a month per baby, most parents who experience diaper need must decide on whether they can provide diapers or some other necessity for their families that month.