To apply, send your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Special Events Coordinator
No Phone Calls Please
Special Events Coordinator (20-25 hours per week)
Job Description: We Invite You to Join ONC’s Dedicated Team! Are you a motived, results-oriented candidate seeking to put your talents, skills, and experience to work as part of a mission-driven organization? If so, we invite you to join ONC’s dedicated team making a positive difference across our Ozaukee County community. This position is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all ONC’s internal and external events, and must be able to work within organizational budgets with an emphasis on maximizing existing ONC events. The Special Events Coordinator will also oversees the ON Center event space and rentals.
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Purpose: To support day-to-day event and fundraising support of a small non-profit organization
Status: Non-Exempt position, 20-25 hours per week. Typical hours will be conducted during ONC open hours (Monday through Thursday 9am to 4pm and Friday 9am to noon. Must be flexible to accommodate occasional irregular or extended hours for ONC events or programs (most flexible during the month of December).
Qualifications: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and function in a multi-tenant environment. Ability to maintain a professional, respectful demeanor with clients, guests, volunteers, and colleagues. Experience coordinating fundraising events for a non-profit with a proven track record of success. Experience with donor databases and outreach experience preferred.
ONC Event Management
- Manages new and existing annual events such as Annual Open House/Volunteer Fair, Impact Awards, Illuminate Ozaukee, Gala, etc.
- Responsible for ONC event revenue generation, budget, and sponsorship goals
- Manages vendor contract negotiations
- Provides day of event coverage
- Works collaboratively with the ONC Office Administrator to leverage and schedule volunteers to help with event solicitations, acknowledgements letters, attendee and donor relationships, and agency membership
- Manages event timelines on a regular bases and provides periodic progress reports for each event project
- Works with ED on the production of all event materials and public relations
- Works collaboratively with the ONC Office Administrator to recruit and secure volunteers for events
- Conducts research, identification, and development of appropriate partnerships and sponsorships that lead to long term sustainable relationships with organizations, businesses, and donors for events
- Responsible for event revenue generation and budget goals
- Facilitates volunteer committees – Fundraising & Illuminate Committee, which includes recruiting committee members and helping to manage committee projects
- Conducts and manages fundraising events – proceed nights, community fundraising, appeals, monthly donor program, etc.
ON Center Management
- Prepare and finalize all materials – proposals, contracts for event space and meeting space requests, and vendors/caterers
- Works collaboratively with the ONC Office Administrator to respond to all emails and inquires for conference room/event inquires
- Schedules, coordinates, and manages center calendars for events and rentals
- Works collaboratively with the ONC Office Administrator to insure building signage, directionals, and room set-up is complete for all conference room/event rentals.
- Works with the ED on rental marketing materials, updating proposals & contracts
- Conducts research, identification, and solicitation for potential renters of event space
- Responsible for event space revenue generation and budget goals
- Acts as point of contact for vendors, agencies, and general public for conference room/event space rentals
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED – Keep the vision and mission as a guiding factor of all decisions.